The BR Mast Series of the Pneumatic Telescopic Masts (Hilomast) range are specifically designed to meet the particular needs of the ENG vehicle market; it includes 6 standard configurations. Whilst designed for the ENG market, the BR Mast series are also perfectly advantageous for applications where high head-loads are required or where maximum directional stability is necessary.
The BR25 and BR30 models have 6” base tubes whilst the BR42/BR48/BR52/BR56 models have a base diameter of 9” all of which are pneumatically operated by custom built air compressors.
These masts do not have locking collars but have specialist engaging torque screws fitted into each of the collars to resist the torsional loads when the masts are fully extended.
- The use of highly accurate drawn aluminium tube ensures optimum seal performance and minimum leakage.
- A full length keyway machined in each of the extending tubes prevents relative rotation between them, the key in this keyway will break before any damage is done to the tube section of the mast, in the event of excessive torsional load.
- Operation over a wide temperature range -22°F – 122°F (-5.55°C – 50°C).
- Low Pressure (14-16 p.s.i) operation, to minimise leakage and seal failure.
- Drain holes to eject water and minimise damage to ice formation.
- Clear anodised tubes and collars painted any colour.
- Maganetic switch to warn of incomplete retraction.
- Non rotating base plate and roof installation kit.
Please contact us for a quote or for more information on what we can offer.
Specification for Locking Collar models.
|Mast||BR 25||BR 30||BR42||BR48||BR52||BR56
|Height Extended (Feet)||25||30||42||48||52||56
|Height Retracted (Feet)||6||7||7.08||8.5||8.5||9.7
|Number of Sections||6||6||9||8||9||8
|Diameter of Top Section (Inches)||3.5||3.5||4||4||4||4
|Max Wind Speed Unguyed (mph)||91||74.5||62.6||56||45||49
|Max Wind Speed Guyed (mph)||-||-||-||-||-||-
|Top Guy Ref. Number||-||-||-||-||-||-
|Basic Weight of Mast (lbs)||110||120||240||280||300||315
All dimensions are approximate.
Download Spec Sheet/information PDF