We are looking for an experienced self-starter to join our team of approx. 50 staff, in the Quality department.
- A good understanding of engineering drawings and the ability to measure made out and made in parts using conventional metrology equipment.
- Experience of metrology.
- An understanding of quality system auditing.
- An understanding of the BS EN ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office, e-mails etc.
- Knowledge of stock control and stock checking systems.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Personable character as considerable interaction with people is required.
- An understanding of Health and Safety regulations.
- A Mechanical engineering background would be advantageous.
- Auditing (QMS and Health and Safety)
- Calibration / Validation
- First Off Inspection
- Improvement of the QMS
- Patrol Inspection
- Supplier Assessments
- Goods Inwards & Stores cover when required
Hours: 0800 – 1630 with 45 mins lunch, Mon – Fri (38.5 hours per week)
Closing date: 16th March 2018
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to:
Vicki Smith, Business Manager, SMC Ltd, SM House, School Close, Chandler’s Ford Industrial Estate, Eastleigh, Hants, SO53 4BY